Additional Resources for Military Personnel
This list includes resources that may be useful to veterans pursuing higher education. These resources are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Army Education Relief Fund: Scholarship opportunities for children and spouses of retired and active Army soldiers.
- Tuition Assistance: Army, Army National Guard, and Army Reserve
- Tuition Assistance: Air Force, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve
- IAVA Database: Provides a list of scholarships for military personnel, veterans, and dependents.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation: Scholarship opportunities for children of current and former Marines.
- Military.com Scholarship Search
- National Military Family Association Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarship Program: Scholarships are awarded to spouses of Uniformed Services members (active duty, National Guard and Reserve, retirees, and survivors) to obtain professional certification or to attend postsecondary or graduate school. Scholarships range in amount from $500 to $1,000, and the number awarded each year varies depending on funding.
- ThanksUSA Scholarships: Scholarships are awarded to spouses and dependent children of active-duty military personnel.
- Pat Tillman Military Scholarship: The Tillman Military Scholarships support educational opportunities for service members and their families.
- VA Mortgage Center Military Education Scholarships: VA Mortgage Center offers scholarships twice a year, in May and November.
- Veterans' Scholarship, Fund for Veterans Education: The Fund for Veterans' Education will provide scholarships to help meet the financial need of veterans from all branches of the United States Armed Forces who served in Afghanistan or Iraq since September 11, 2001 and who are now enrolled in college.